Monday, June 30, 2008

It has been 1 week already! Part 2

As of today, I have been here in Japan for 1 week! So in honor of that, So here is the second installment of the 1st week's recap.

2nd Day: Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On Tuesday, I went with Chrissy to the nearby temple. This is a well kept up temple. I got to see the main complex with a girl being trained to preform a tea ceremony. I also got to see the Sake barrels beside the temple and the Kirin that guard the temple grounds. Kirin are lion type creatures that are really cool looking. After looking around the temple grounds, we went to the Kansai Super (the grocery store). they had a bizarre going on outside where I picked up a Japanese scroll painting for 500 yen ($5). After being at the Kansai Super for a while, we went back to the apartment to drop off the scrolls and to get our bikes. Here in Japan, there is not much room to park cars, so a lot of people commute by bike and train. So after we got our bikes, we went to Nishinomiya-kitaguchi, the Hankyu train station. At some rail stations over here, they have malls, including Nishinomiya-kitaguchi. We walked around the mall for a bit before we caught our train. We had to use automated ticketing machines, which are not that hard to figure out. We took the train that went in a large loop around Osaka that took about 1.5 hours to complete. We then met up with Rex and went home. They had me lead the way to see if I remembered the way back. Back at the apartment, we all had dinner, talked, and went to bed.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Can't wait to hear more about your trip Matthew! Hope you are having a great time.